As you’re probably well aware, carpets can become dirty faster than anyone can imagine, because people wear their shoes in the home, spill beverages, drop food, and those lovely pets have accidents.
Carpet cleaning has now become a must in most good people’s homes, and especially for those who have children and/or pets. This can easily be maintained byhiring a quality, professional carpet cleaning service at an affordable price, who make use of modern cleaning techniques.
So, anyway, let’s take alook at 8great tips to making sure that your carpet stays in the best of shape.
- Carpets should be vacuumed once a week and even more in areas with heavy volume. Constant vacuuming will extend the life of your carpet by prohibiting build-ups of gritty particles that destroy carpet fibres. Every couple of weeks, spend some time and use a vacuum crevice tool to clean thoroughly around skirting boards, heaters and other hard-to-reach places.
- For vacuuming wall-to-wall carpeting, split the floor into sectors and vacuum sectors at a time.
- Take your time when vacuuming a carpet, especially a plush one where dirt and dust is sure to be deeply embedded. If seeking top quality carpet cleaning in the Hills District, make certain to use an experienced company who can really get the job done just perfect. One pass with a high-powered cleaner is not enough, so, go over each area of carpeting a number of times, and go slowly to make sure that all the ground-in dust and dirt is dealt with.
- Give special attention to any areas in which people sit and move their feet and other areas where people are constantly walking upon with a crisscross pattern of overlapping movements.
- Soil retardants may be used on newer carpets or to freshly cleaned ones. For the best results, follow the manufacturers’ notes and advice.
- Try adding baking soda to the vacuum cleaner’s bag, in order to fight odours. And yes, that humble powder has a variety of uses outside of baking, and can be used to spruce up any carpet.
- Before carpets are shampooed, move furniture out of your room. If you shampoocarpets with furniture in place, it may later cause some disparity in the shades of the carpet. After furniture removal, thoroughly vacuum the room and then clean the carpet(s) using a slow, smooth, back-and-forth movement.
- Let the carpet air dry for around twelve hours or more. After the carpet is thoroughly dry, run a vacuum cleaner over it to fluff up the carpet fibres. Also, make sure of the important point of never vacuuming your carpet should it be damp, as there is a dangerous risk of being electrocuted, or shorting out your lovely vacuum cleaner. And lastly, move all of your beautiful furniture back into their place.
And may your carpet remain clean and serve you for many years to come!